Call me crazy, but something tells me that if Maroon 5 and Jack Johnson were to get together, Banana Pancakes on a Sunday Morning wouldn’t be too farfetched a concept. Throw this guy in the mix and you’ve got yourself some Banana Protein Pancakes that just go Better Together, are so good that they make it Harder To Breath, and will have you Sitting, Waiting, Wishing for next Sunday Morning!
What you need:
- 1 cup mix of Aunt Jemima Whole Wheat Blend
- 1 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 egg
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts and maple syrup if you’re feelin’ naughty
- Replace 1 scoop (about 1/4 cup) of pancake mix with 1 scoop chocolate protein powder (ex: ON 100% Gold Standard Whey Protein) and stir.
- Add wet ingredients and stir until large clumps disappear.
- Let stand 1-2 min to thicken.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter on a nonstick skillet over medium heat for each pancake and immediately press in quarter sized slices of banana.
- Flip when sides have risen and bubbles begin to form. Repeat for each, and feel free to use all the extra banana for a super pancake at the end.
- Toast chopped walnuts in a small pot for 2 min over low heat, then add maple syrup. Keep it up warm until you’re ready to serve it atop the delicious, indulgent, AND healthy banana protein pancakes!
Even with a touch of the walnut maple syrup, two of these bad boys are only looking to run you about 250-300 calories with almost 10 g of protein! Adam Levine and Jack Johnson.. get ready for some muscle! Don’t worry about what the Good People will say, we’ll keep it our little Secret ;)